Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Koree-wahs. Well, some of them.

I love my second morning class.  There are ten of them, and they're quite smart and energetic.  Some of the boys can be a handful at times, but the class is super-adorable, so of course I can't hold it against them.
On Thursday, I made up a game for them.  We'd just finished reading chapter three of a book called The Big Balloon Race, so I made up slips of paper with things that happened in the book on them, and the kids had to put them in order.  (They're learning how to write summaries, which is more difficult than you'd think; imagine being nine years old and having to understand a story in your second language, then say it in different words.  It's hard!  But they're getting it.)
Becky and Annie, hard at work!
Hehe...hi, Peter! Also pictured: Jason, Soo-Sung (not "Susan," as I first thought he said), and....Sabina.  I think.  It could be Zinna.  (They're twins.)
Shone, with some awesome kicks.  Who has lions on the bottoms of their shoes?!  Shone is a quality individual.  And that's Sarah in the background.
Oh man....one of my favorite things about this job has been coming up with team names for the games we play.  This was my first attempt: Team Hot Dog and Team Hamburger.  I was such an amateur!  Yesterday, I had Team The Office versus Team Burn Notice versus Team America's Next Top Model...and for another game, I had Team Jim versus Team Pam.  The kids have no idea where the team names come from.  All they know is that if Team Simon gets another question right, they'll be tied with Team Alvin--but at least Team Theodore is four points behind.    :c)

No comments: