Thursday, July 24, 2008

I keep running into people. No, I mean literally.

Did you know that Koreans walk on the left side (of the sidewalk, of the stairwell, etc.)?  They do.  Well, that's actually not true....only about two-thirds of them do.  WHICH IS SO MUCH WORSE.  Add to that the fact that I forget and walk on the right about half the time, and you end up with a lot of narrowly-avoided collisions.  Oh--and it's monsoon season, which means it's rained four or five days out of the past week, so people are walking around with umbrellas and looking down.  THAT certainly helps the situation.  :c)


I'm thinking of building a floating guardrail around myself.  And I might add some flashing lights and beeping noises.  Maybe THEN I'd stop running into everyone ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. Koreans don't mind bumping shoulders with other ppl. It's a fact of life.

More comments to come after I do yoga tonight... probably more like tomorrow night cuz I'm a sleepyhead!

-yoonie girlie (i can't sign on!)

Anonymous said...

I immediately thought of the girl with the flaming hoola-hoop in the "Oh My God, Shoes" video. That would keep people at a distance.