Thursday, July 24, 2008

German Konglish! Er....Kongman! Gerlean?

Yesterday I saw a student's mom wearing a t-shirt that almost killed me.  It was in German....kind of.  It had received the same Roman-letters-look-cool-so-we-don't-care-what-it-says treatment as English often gets on Korean t-shirts; accordingly, it made my day.  Possibly it also made my life.

I didn't catch one of the words, but I whipped out my notepad and wrote down the rest of it before I forgot it.  It said:

DIE KUNDE
IST ETNE
______ DES TEUFELS

which translates to:

THE CUSTOMER
IS DUKC
______ OF THE DEVIL

(The German word for "duck," Ente, was misspelled.)


Y'all.  IS THAT NOT AMAZING?  I'm so disappointed I couldn't see that one word; I really want to know what was of the devil!  Was it the duck-customer?  Or was it something else entirely?  The world may never know!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

omg that is amazing.

Lori said...

Hahaha....I knew you'd appreciate that! Literally the first thought that went through my head was "OH MY GOSH WHY IS MARGARET NOT HERE TO SEE THIS?!?!"