Monday, October 6, 2008

A resourceful little bugger.

Sorry for all the "kids say the darndest things" grading-related posts lately, but....well, grading has kind of been my life.  :c)  That said, here's another one.

In one of my classes, where the kids are in first grade, I've been having them write sentences with the vocabulary words for homework.  I just got to Andy's sentences, and I have a slight hunch he's been using an English phrasebook or something for help.  What do you think?

false:  Be false in word and deed.

welcome: I welcome your criticism.

hero: No man is a hero to his valet.

I mean, he TOTALLY could have come up with those sentences on his own!  Maybe I'm just not giving him enough credit....       :c)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he got help from his valet. That was a good one.