Sunday, October 26, 2008

Korean marketing gimmicks are brilliant.

Last night, several of the teachers at my school went out for an wine buffet.  For 15,000 won (which, right now, is $10.78), we drank as much wine as we liked.  It was EXCELLENT.  It was an evening of sparkling conversation, quality people, and copious amounts of the loveyness that red wine always brings.

On our way there, we passed a dancing coffee cup.  It was dancing to the Wonder Girls song "Nobody," which is popular here to an unholy degree.  Not to say that I don't enjoy it, because I totally do.  (I can't help it!  It's INFECTIOUS.)  The video I linked to takes two minutes to get to the actual song, but the backstory is kind of cute, too.

Anyway!  Dancing coffee cup: check.  Naturally, I stopped to take a picture and a video.


The best part is, I didn't know that Jess and Eric were going to start dancing with the coffee cup!  And they didn't know I was taking a video!  Perfect serendipity, no?  And when the coffee cup starts air-humping Eric (I mean, who can blame it?): simply priceless.

Then, we drank some wine!


It was lovely.  If you'd like to see more pictures--and there are lots of great ones--you can see them here.

After that, we went to a noraebang!  A noraebang is an establishment with private karaoke rooms, and it's a staple in Korean entertainment.  You pay 15,000 won (or so) for an hour, choose your songs, and make a fool of yourself in front of your friends.  It's really quite brilliant.

Jess and I did most of the heavy lifting when it came to singing.  Kyle mostly spectated, occasionally rolling around on the floor or pretending to sing (then getting angry when we changed the song).  Fun was had by all!  I'd post a video of Jess and I singing ABBA, but I like Jess too much to do that.

I WILL show you pictures, though!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't quite compare with getting your picture taken all day, but the private Karaoke sounds better than public Karaoke.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the ficatures. It looks like you have lost some weight.