Monday, November 10, 2008

Korea is trying to kill me.

A few weeks ago I had pinkeye.  A little over a week ago I caught a cold that made me hoarse and hack-y and snotty, and I'm STILL coughing so much at night that it keeps me awake for an hour.  Then, on Friday, I ate some pizza at Costco and got a wicked case of food poisoning.  I'll spare you the details, except to say that my body turned itself inside out trying to get rid of whatever was in that pizza.  I spent almost the whole weekend shuttling back and forth between the couch and the bathroom.

I'm pretty sure Korea's trying to kill me.

It's a good thing my immune system is so committed to its job, because I have Big Things coming up.  Well, one Big Thing in particular: BILLY JOEL.  I'm going to a Billy Joel concert (in Seoul!!!) on Saturday!  I forget how much I've told you all about that whole situation, so in case I'm being redundant, here's the short(ish) summary.

1)  Tickets were kind of expensive.
2)  I couldn't find anyone who liked Billy Joel enough to pay 88,000 won for the cheap seats.
3)  I did a search for people who like Billy Joel on facebook.
4)  I sent a bunch of people messages, asking if they were interested in going to the concert.
5)  Several of them replied ecstatically and wired me 88,000 won.
6)  I now hold tickets for me and 12 strangers to go see Billy Joel on Saturday.

How awesome is that???  It's a bit of a social experiment; I hope these people turn out to be as cool as they seem from their facebook messages.    :c)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are WIERD!!!! Who would have thought of that other than you??????????????

Get better soon. Billy doesn't neet to get sick.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you found something to live for.