Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Your daily Engrish, part...3? or so?

Oh man....I wish I could have gotten a picture of some shoes I saw today.  As I've mentioned before, there are often market-like booths set up along my walk to school, and they sell different things every day.  One day it'll be produce, the next day it'll be handbags, and the next day it'll be flowers.  It's become a small pleasure for me to find out what's on offer every morning.

I've gotten some of my most classic Engrish products at this one booth that seems to rotate between women's clothes, handbags, and shoes.  (My 5,000 won "I [heart] CRAP" shirt was from there, and it's also where I found those "romantic pussy" shorts.)  Today, I was poking around the shoes and noticed one with a particularly interesting brand.  You know how the brand names of shoes are often written inside, where your heel goes?  Well.  I saw a pretty little pink and white sandal with the brand name BigStank on the heel.

For realsies.

I almost peed myself, I was so excited.  What a find!  I would have whipped out my camera right there, but the proprietress was eyeing me pleasantly, waiting for me to inquire about her wares.  I could have taken a quick picture and slinked off, but I didn't wanna be That Person.  So y'all will just have to use your imaginations.

Incidentally, I think that whomever sells that lady and her husband their merchandise must speak English fluently and be pulling the best prank ever, because some of the Engrish on that stuff is too good to be accidental.  How I wish I could find that person and shake his or her hand.....

No comments: